You must fulfil three requirements to practice medicine in France:
- Have a medical degree stating that your training was completed in the European Union
- Have a passport from a country within the European Union
- Register at the “Tableau départemental de l´Ordre des Médecins”
DO I NEED TO VALIDATE MY MEDICAL DEGREE?
You do not need to validate your medical degree if you trained in the European Union (UE) or the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland or similar. In accordance with the EU directive 2005/36/EC, your qualifications would be automatically recognized.
WHAT PROCESS DO IT NEED TO FOLLOW?
You would need to obtain the following documents:
- Two copies of the registration form
- Notarised translation of your medical certificate and specialisation
- Birth certificate in French
- Criminal record in French
- Déclaration sur l’honneur in French
- Photocopy of your ID card
- French language diploma, B2 is the minimum level required or interview to confirm proficiency
- Additional supporting documents
Once you have obtained all the necessary documentation, you will need to make an appointment at l’Ordre Départemental des Médecins in the city where you are going to work or send it as a Special Delivery or Signed For service.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
The medical college has three months to reply. If you do not receive a response within that period of time, your request would have been declined.
For further information, contact us.
(+33) 7 61 68 57 69
(+33) 636 460 088